$27.50 – $79.95 AUD
Mild diuretic and urinary buffer for horses.
NEUTRADEX is uniquely formulated to reduce lactic acidosis in muscle cells and to prevent tying up. A flushing action on the kidneys and urinary tract helps remove the toxins and by-products produced during racing and hard exercise.
WHAT IS NEUTRADEX?
Original muscle recovery supplement with sodium acid citrate.
- – Helps with horses prone to tying up.
– Assists with reducing muscle stiffness and soreness.
– Helps delay the onset of muscle fatigue improving endurance.
– Maintains fluid and electrolyte balance, helping to maintain kidney and bladder function in performance horses.
– Encourages horses to drink and replaces essential sodium salts.
– Palatable, caramel flavoured syrup.
INDICATIONS FOR USE
Neutradex is recommended for:
– High performance atheletic horses in hard training
– Horses with a history of tying up
– Re-hydration after exertion in conjunction with a balanced electrolyte
– Helping to flush toxins and waste products after hard exercise and hence to maintain kidney, bladder and
urinary tract function
– Young, nervous and heavily muscled horses in work
NEUTRADEX aids in the prevention and treatment of acidosis, dehydration and ‘tying up’ syndrome in horses.
Each 28mL dose contains:- 7.93g Sodium acid citrate
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
Precautions: Ensure an adequate supply of cool, clean water is accessible.
NEUTRADEX exerts a mild diuretic and neutralising effect on acidic substances which accumulate in the muscles and blood stream. Metabolic acidosis may impair normal muscular function, thereby interfering with performance. Dehydration, which can cause sluggish blood flow and impaired tissue oxygenation, can be effectively assisted by the administration of NEUTRADEX.
In horses, NEUTRADEX may also be prescribed as a co-treatment in kidney, bladder and urinary tract infections.
DOSAGE AND ADMINISTRATION HORSES (450 – 500 kg)
- – 28mL of NEUTRADEX added to the feed daily. Following hard or fast work or racing, give 50 mL
NEUTRADEX orally (by syringe over the back of the tongue).
– Horses suffering from dehydration need a supplementary daily ration of electrolytes.
– NEUTRADEX can be safely used with balanced electrolyte supplements based on the particular work program.
– HUMIDIMIX – use daily for heavy sweaters such as trotters, pacers, endurance horses and eventers OR
– STRESSALYTE- use daily for gallopers such as thoroughbreds.
– RECHARGE – apple flavoured “sports drink” for rapid post-work replenishment at a dose of 40-80mL over
the tongue for immediate response. It has a similar composition to horse sweat and also contains glucose for energy replacement. Make sure the horse has access to fresh water.
To help prevent tying up
Give additional 30ml by mouth after every workout or slow work, and increase to 50ml after any hard work (if horses are prone to muscle soreness and tying up).
To maintain thirst on fast work days
Give 50ml Neutradex over the tongue as soon as possible after very hard or fast exercise to neutralise acid and stimulate drinking.
50ml over the tongue prior to evening meal
Day after racing
50mL over the tongue prior to morning meal
Do not use NEUTRADEX within 24-36 hours before competition. Use immediately after hard work and after warm down exercise is completed, for one to two days. Ensure fresh water is available at all times after dosing. Add to the feed daily or give over the tongue. Ensure fresh water is available after dosing. Use only as directed.