Bomectin Injection is a ready-to-use broad spectrum antiparasitic injection for cattle and pigs containing Ivermectin. Ivermectin is a member of the macrocyclic lactone (ML) family, which binds and interferes with invertebrate nerve and muscle cells causing parasite paralysis and death. Ivermectin has a broad spectrum activity against both adult and larval stages of parasite nematodes. Bomectin Injection offers reliable parasite control for both internal and external parasites. With the convenient one-shot injection, there is no splash-off so 100% of the treatment enters the animal for optimum results.
- Highly effective control of both internal and external parasites
- Low volume dose for convenient injection
- Wide margin of safety when used as directed
Bomectin Injection will treat and control internal parasites including gastrointestinal roundworms, lungworms, eyeworms, sucking and biting lice, mites and cattle tick in cattle, and gastrointestinal roundworms, kidney worms, lungworms, lice and mites in pigs.
Bomectin Injection has sustained activity for:
- Ostertagia(Small brown stomach worm) and Cooperia spp. (Small Intestinal worm) acquired up to 7 days after treatment;
- Dictyocaulus viviparus(Lungworm) and Chrysomya bezziana (Screw Worm fly) acquired up to 14 days after treatment.
Directions for Use
Do not underdose.
1mL/50kg liveweight by subcutaneous injection in the neck.
Treatment should not be repeated within 42 days.
PIGS: 1mL/33kg liveweight by subcutaneous injection in the neck.
Withholding Periods – cattle
MEAT: 28 days
MILK: Do not use on lactating cows, or cows within 28 days of calving, where milk or milk products may be used for human consumption.
EXPORT SLAUGHTER INTERVAL (ESI): 42 days